Friday, November 13, 2015

Friday Finds: Steampunk is the New New Age?

It's catalog season again, and a long-familiar catalog arrived at my door the other day: The Pyramid Collection.  This was my favorite catalog when I was a teen, because it was one of the few sources for Pagan and Wiccan books and items I had.  So I was a little surprised to discover with this latest catalog that there are a BUNCH of steampunk clothing items.   And some of them are really nice looking.

So it's been a while, but I'm resurrecting Friday Finds to share them with you.  I don't get any commission for this and I can't make any statement of how these items might be in person or quality.  But hey, check it out.


The Reversible Button Jacket is a nice style for costume or every day, but my favorite part is that it's reversible.  (And two of my favorite colors.)
















The Pleated Ruffle Jacket is one I'd be lusting after if I still worked an office job.  I like that it's both modern and old-fashioned at the same time.














I AM madly in lust with these Wildwalker Boots, though.  I think I know what I want for Christmas.  (Please don't clear them out before I can get a pair.) I've seen similar styles before, but not for such a reasonable price.  They have both men's and women's boots, too.















For the man who needs to get his pirate on, they have the Legacy Brocaded Coat. 



















And another attractive jacket is the Victorian Tailcoat.  The back view is super attractive, with corset style grommets down the whole back and a wide tail with lace.  But I love the from grommet details.  I haven't seen anything like that before.












Want a more traditional Victorian look for your boots?  These Victorian Button Front Boots are for you.  I love the contrasting color buttons and loops.  And even I could probably pull off that heel without killing myself.  Probably.















I love that this item is called the Black Twill Steampunk Jacket, and not a corset.  It's a great way to get the look of a corset without actually wearing one.  Of course, it won't shape your waist like a corset, but I do like it.















There's loads more items, from more jackets, lots more boots, some bags, and trinkets and jewelry. So what do you think?  Sign of the steampunk apocalypse?  Or cool source for stuff?

2 comments:

  1. Just had a look! So many pieces I want but cannot afford! Especially that grey ruffle jacket! Hope I can find a similar pattern! A lot of them might exist as Victorian Goth if Steampunk wasn't so popular, but i am always glad if the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a longtime recipient of the Pyramid catalog too and for the same reasons as you - for Wiccan books, calendars and tarot cards, which I find seriously lacking nowadays. When I buy from them it's mostly their beautiful jewelry. But I have noticed a very gradual change in their merchandise over the last 20 years and they do seem to go with trends. For a while the goth and vampire stuff flooded their catalog, then it was Renaissance and Medieval, and now it's Steampunk. And their stuff seems to now consist of clothes more than anything else. I don't even know if they strictly qualify as New Agge anymore. I haven't bought anything from them in like 8 years or so.

    ReplyDelete

>