Friday, April 26, 2013

Friday Finds: Some of my favorite Steampunk Hats

While I'm recovering from surgery, I'm stitching away at some top hats.  So I thought I'd post some of my favorite hats.


 I adore this mini top hat from House of Nines Design.  The use of colors, the trim, the fantastic veil....I find it very inspiring.  It's also my favorite size for a mini hat.















This Steampunk Touring hat from Steampunk Threads captures the Edwardian craze for wide hats with lots of STUFF on them.  I keep thinking I want to make this style of hat but never have the right outfit for it.













 Here's a lovely traditional man's top hat in some non-traditional colors, from Machete and Sons.   I love when steampunks do unexpected things with color.
















For something truly unique, check out the work of Organic Armor, as evidenced in this top hat.













With the mad hatter shape, leather accents, corset lacing, and lovely wrap, this may be the ultimate steampunk top hat by Gypsy Lady Hats.















Of course if top hats aren't your thing, you can try a bowler, like this one by Richard Symons Art.










And I haven't even touched on tricorns, or shakos, or pith helmets, or western styled hats or any number of other possibilities for steampunk headwear.  Well, some other time, I suppose.  Happy Hatting!

What's your preferred style of steampunk hat?  What do you wear most often?  Is there any style you WISH you could wear or own?

1 comment:

  1. Gypsy Lady Hats are beautiful looking hats but you will never receive them. They took my order and money over 6 months ago and I have never received any hats nor any communication for over 4 months! I am not the only one with this issue...artfire and etsy have closed their shops due to complaints.

    ReplyDelete

>