Thursday, October 18, 2012

Upcoming Events

I have realized that I never talk on this blog about what steampunk events I will be attending.  I don't suppose many people actually care, but I'm all for spreading the word about events, so, ok.

For the most part I am limited to attending events within comfortable driving distance and/or events I can vend at and make my costs back.  I would love to attend the large events in other states, but can't afford the travel expenses.

This coming weekend I am going to the Texas Renaissance Festival for the unofficial Steampunk Invasion Weekend. I won't be camping, because I'm too old and broken for that, but I'll be there Saturday.

I'm vending at the Showdown at Unobtainium: Tesla vs Edison on Nov 10-11.  This looks to be a really interesting and fun event.  They're aiming for an immersive experience of a steampunk town.  I'm really looking forward to it.  It's happening on a farm about 30 miles south of Austin.

I will be attending Dickens on the Strand in Galveston, TX, December 1-2.  Not vending this one, but will be around all weekend enjoying the amazing atmosphere of this festival.  We missed last year due to emergency medical issues, but I"m determined to be there this year.

After that my schedule gets real vague.  There are several events in March that I want to attend/vend, but I haven't committed to anything yet.

What is everyone else planning on?

ETA: And now that Comicpalooza in Houston in May is having Abney Park, Professor Elemental, Frenchy and the Punk,and Marquis of Vaudeville, I've signed up to vend there.  It's my first actual 2013 commitment!

No comments:

Post a Comment

>