Thursday, April 26, 2012

Twelve Steampunk Fonts




I got a new computer and realized I needed to go download all my fonts again.  So while I was doing that I put together a collection of steampunk fonts.  These are all free fonts.

My criteria for choosing a font were: 1. I like it, 2. It feels steampunky to me, 3. It's not just a version of script (because there are a million of those), 4. It's not primarily goth instead of steampunk, 5. It's easy to read, 6. It's not a version of some well-known title text.

So this list is by no means complete, just some cool fonts that I've used in the past or that I found with some quick browsing.

Time to Get a Watch
This is the most obviously steampunk and the least practical font here.  But I couldn't NOT include it.
Time To Get A Watch Download










1942 Report
A nice distressed typewriter font.
1942 Report Download












Black Chancery
Black Chancery Download












Artemon
I'm not totally sure about this one, but wanted some variety
Artemon Download










Anarchistic
Anarchistic Download










Exotica
Exotica Download
Ringmaster
I know I have several Circus style fonts on here, but they were too cool to pass up.










Ornatique
This is my favorite out of all of these, and the font I used on my business cards.
Ornatique Download










Outlaw
Outlaw Download










Inked God
Inked God Download










Bees Antique Handwriting
Yes, it's a script, but I think it would be really great for signatures on documents and the like.
Bees Antique Download










Carnivalee Freakshow
Carnivalee Freakshow Download











See Also: Twelve More Steampunk Fonts  and  Steampunk Fonts Part 3

12 comments:

  1. great and varied set! thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why in samples there is not "s" allowed? o.O

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. WEIRD. How did I not notice that? And how did I manage to leave out the S in every single one? *is puzzled*

      Delete
  3. I'm just beginning to play with steampunk things in scrapbooking and tags, and came across your blog when I searched for fonts. It's sooo much fun, and very different from what I ue to do.Thank you so much for the link to these!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for a great list!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loved the first font. I am thinking of using it for my logo . Thanks a lot. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is going to help so much in my presentation on Steampunk!! Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm not sure if I just don't know how, but I have a mac and I downloaded the font but I have no idea where it is. Sorry. Such a newb.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry, I'm pretty much Mac illiterate. Is there a location things usually download to? On Windows there's a folder called Fonts that you need to put the files in to install them.

      Delete
  8. Thanks for your work, hobby, passion, enjoyment of steam-punk and thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you for sharing this collection. I am designing a steampunk article for the Victorian Ladies Society about the Victorian connection to this fascinating style of fashion and artistic expression, all influenced by Victorian authors Jules Verne and H.G. Wells. Thanks!!!

    ReplyDelete

>