Friday, June 13, 2014

Friday Finds: Steampunk Nails and Makeup

So you have your steampunk outfit.  Maybe you know what you're doing with your hair (even if the answer is only "sticking it under a hat").  But what about makeup and nails?  Nothing pulls a look together like coordinating details.  I'll be the first to admit I'm not skilled at makeup.  But I'm loving my new Jamberry addiction because it means I can have amazing nails all the time.






I designed two custom steamy nail wrap styles which I am currently taking orders for.  They are $25/sheet (2-3 manicures and pedicures).  Email me or comment for details. Or join my Jamberry FB group.


















I've seen several different nail styles using actual gears.  I always worry about them catching on things and falling off.  But they look neat. If you google "steampunk nails" mostly you will find a lot of nails with lots of metal glued on.   These are by nail artist Robin Moses, who has another steampunk style on the same page.















This tutorial by Jangsara is nice, although if you're going to glue on gears as part of your make-up, I'd go with smaller ones.












Then there is makeup done in the style of the band Steam Powered Giraffe.  It's always impressive.  Here's a post about what products to use, here's a video tutorial, and here's the source of the second pic.















I'm always hugely impressed when I see people with this style of makeup at events and know I could NEVER actually do it.  But maybe you can!








I can't find a source for this image other than Pinterest, so you'll have to just enjoy it.  I love the use of clock hands or at least the image of clock hands.















And yet another image that doesn't seem to exist outside of Pinterest.  I hate not happy proper sources.  But LOOKIT.

No comments:

Post a Comment

>