Friday, November 8, 2013

DIY Steampunk Holiday Gift Ideas

If you're anything like me, this is about the time of year you start freaking out because you have a bunch of DIY gifts to make for the Holidays and you're not sure about what exactly you want to make or when you're going to find time.

Is anyone going to be making any steampunk gifts for someone else this year?  I probably won't although my husband would be thrilled if I got his new outfit done (or, you know, started) by Christmas.   But in case you ARE considering making some steampunk goodies as gifts, allow me to remind you of some resources.

First of all, there's my Pinterest board: Steampunk Tutorials and DIY.  I've got a huge amount of links to projects large and small.

I can also recommend the book: Steampunk Accessories: 20 Projects to Help You Nail the Style, which contains a variety of small-ish projects that go together pretty quickly.  I pulled this book out myself recently to help with some small accessories I wanted to make.  Hopefully I'll get some pics of the finished items this weekend and can show y'all.

Finally, maybe consider making an item from one of my sewing patterns.  They are all written with full-color photos of each step and detailed tutorial style instructions, which makes them perfect for beginning sewers.  In particular the spats and the bustle skirt are easy sewing projects.


Visit Baroness Violet von Mickelsburg's Craftsy Pattern Store »


So what are you making for the holidays?  I'm off to North Texas for Steampunk November this weekend, but after that I need to seriously get cracking on some gifts.




1 comment:

>