Monday, August 26, 2013

Fall/Winter Steampunk Sewing Patterns

Every time the pattern companies release something new that's steamy, I feel like it's Christmas. I don't even know WHY exactly, since sometimes I never USE the patterns, but I still love it.

 So, I talked about this on my facebook page, but haven't posted it here, but there's a new Simplicity Steampunk Pattern.





It was one of my reader's who alerted me to it, the day it was released.  I stopped that day at Joann's to try to buy it while patterns were on sale, but naturally they didn't have it yet.  I really like the skirts and the blouse.  The jacket is nice and some people may find the corset/corselet useful, but I don't personally see a use for them.











Butterick has just released their Winter line and good news!



First we have a new Edwardian ensemble.  This looks to be quite historically accurate, and would be a lovely ensemble for a historical event or to steampunk up.
















And then they also have this Corset and Skirt pattern.  The "corset" looks more like a corset top from the photos, and the style doesn't do all that much for me.  But as a summer top, I guess it has potential.












The skirt on the other hand is FANTASTIC.  Check out the back view.   This is a style that is new and doesn't look like any existing pattern.  In fact, I might be talking myself down from making it for myself as I type.  (Someone hire me to make it for them...)


2 comments:

  1. Oh good lord.. that skirt... *love* You can make it for me! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That Butterick skirt is the skirt we tried (and sadly failed) to create for my Steamcon ball gown last year! I'm telling you, it looks exactly like the beautiful skirt I pictured in my mind!

    ReplyDelete

>