Sunday, July 17, 2011

New outfit debut and Spats Pattern for sale

I have two quick things to show off today. Firstly, I am thrilled to announce I've published my first pattern for sale. It's a simple, full-size, printable pattern for my Steampunk Military Spats, as pictured below.



The pattern is $5 and can be bought at my etsy store. It includes detailed instructions and step-by-step photos.

Secondly, I spent the weekend putting some finishing touches on one of my outfits. I tried all the pieces on today for the first time and I have some pictures.





Patterns used are: Truly Victorian 1898 Fantail Skirt, Truly Victorian Waterfall Overskirt, Laughing Moon Dore corset (with significant modifications), Butterick B5232 Misses' Victorian Jacket, and McCall M5050 Top.

I'm really happy with everything, except the sheer top I'm wearing under the corset. It's too tight under the arms and it doesn't breathe at all. I may change the sleeves or just not wear anything under the corset.

My husband and I will be at San Japan in San Antonio in a couple of weeks. I have some projects that I may or may not finish in time for that event, but we'll see.

1 comment:

  1. Wow you are talented.Congrats on making a spats pattern to sell I bet many at the SPEmpire would be interested make sure you advertise there if you havnt already.I love that dress its stunning.I so have to get in and start cutting me an outfit or 2.Oh procrastination how I detest you!!

    ReplyDelete

>