Monday, May 13, 2013

Upcoming Events for Steam Ingenious

As we enter summer I have a few events to tell you about.


On Memorial Day Weekend, May 24-26th, I will be at Comicpalooza in Houston, TX.  Steam Ingenious will have a booth in the newly created Steampunk Alley section of Artist Alley.  I will be selling my normal costume wares, corsets, jewelry, hats, and some exciting new secret items.

The steampunk line-up is exceptional, with a wealth of panels and guests, in particular a great line-up of steampunk musical guests: Abney Park, Frenchy and the Punk, Professor Elemental, Marquis of Vaudeville, and Addisyn Madd.   So you don't want to miss the Steampunk Ball on Saturday evening.

If you do make it out, stop by my booth and say hi!






I was pleased to be contacted by the Dallas Fort-Worth Costumers Guild and asked if I would be a panel presenter at this year's Costumer's Lost Weekend.  I've had two panels accepted for the con: my "Intro to Corsetmaking" panel and a new panel called "Steampunk for Historical Costumers."   I'm really excited about the event because I always learn so much when I attend costuming-oriented cons.   The con is in Addison, TX (Dallas area) on June 29-30.








After that I'm taking a little time off from events to work on pattern development and commissions.  I am planning to vend at the Carnival Menagerie in Dallas, TX on Sept 13-14, but details for that event aren't yet finalized.

2 comments:

  1. Can't wait to meet you at Comicpalooza. Game a safe journey here to Houston.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oohh trip to Dallas means a trip to the fabric warehouses. Squee. Maybe I'll get lucky and can see a band Saturday night too.

    ReplyDelete

>